The main cash prizes, sponsored by Wikimedia UK :
- Best image (1st prize) – £250
- Best image (2nd prize) – £100
- Best image (3rd prize) – £50
- Up to 7 other Highly Commended images – £25
Special prize for the best photograph of a site in Scotland, sponsored by Archaeology Scotland: a free 1-year membership which includes the Archaeology Scotland Magazine as well as access to their learning resources.
UK judging criteria
The jury will judge individual entries based on the following criteria (in no particular order):
- Technical quality
- Potential usefulness and overall value of the image (including its resolution and its licensing) to the Wikimedia projects
- Andy Chopping, Head of Photography at Museum of London Archaeology
- Jamie Davies, Photography Manager at Historic England
- Matt Emmett, buildings and heritage photographer
The 10 main prize-winning UK images will go forward to the international section of the contest where further prizes are available:
- First prize: A Canon DSLR EOS 5D Mark IV camera plus Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM lens
- Nine further prizes ranging from to €100 to €1500, to .
See the International Awards for more details.
Like to help Wikivoyage as well?
Questions? Please leave a message on the FAQ page and we will be happy to help.