Prizes will be awarded in the following categories:
- Best image (1st prize) – cheque for £250
- Best image (2nd prize) – cheque for £100
- Best image (3rd prize) – cheque for £50
- Up to 7 other Highly Commended images – cheque for £25
- Best image of a building on an ‘At Risk’ register. - cheque for £100
The prizes have been kindly sponsored by Wikimedia UK.
The jury will judge individual entries based on the following criteria (in no particular order):
- Technical quality
- Potential usefulness and overall value of the image (including its resolution and its licensing) to the Wikimedia projects
In judging the the ‘At Risk’ prize the jury may give preference to images that illustrate the state of the building or the physical risks that it faces.
David is a Wikimedia Commons and English Wikipedia contributor, having been involved in providing images to the project since 2006, and a (semi) professional photographer with 13 years of experience in digital photography.
David’s interest in architectural and landscape photography led him to work heavily with panoramic photo stitching, which allows multiple images to be ‘stitched’ together to provide a much more detailed image than could be captured with a single photograph.
David has been involved in the Featured Pictures project on the English Wikipedia since 2006. In total, 168 of his images have been featured on the main page of Wikipedia as ‘Picture Of The Day’, and he also contributes to judging the suitability of other submissions.
A professional architectural photographer with English Heritage (to be announced)
A representative of the Royal Photographic Society (to be announced)
Questions? Please leave a message on the FAQ page and we will be happy to help.